5 Ways to Burn More Calories
We all know the struggle, don’t we? Some of us have a slow metabolism and hence our calories may burn much lesser than those of others. You know it flippin’ irritates me when I see people gorging on donuts and pizzas and still staying in shape, whereas here I am, eating one slice of pizza and lo and behold, there comes another friggin’ pound! Ugh! It’s so damn difficult, especially if you are a food lover like me, and well, you know, dieting and me were never really on good terms anyway!
Fancy that extra slice of chocolate cheesecake? Well, here are 5 tips to burn more calories, and also boost your workout.
- Chew your food thoroughly! – I know what y’all might be thinking right now. Isn’t that one of the first things you learn in life? Well, it is. But the thing is, as we grow older, many of us kind of go easy on it. What with our busy lifestyle and all that eh? But here’s the thing about chewing: when you take your time and chew the food properly, in addition to burning calories while doing that itself, it helps you to eat just the right amount of food. When you hurriedly push food down your throat, your stomach kind of delays the fact that you are full minutes later after that actually happens. Chewing food properly gives your stomach enough time to assess the amount of food and send the message to the brain much more clearly. Hence, as a result, you will realize that you are full without overeating.
- Workout at a higher altitude – Yup, you heard that right! Working out at a higher altitude burns more calories and will keep burning even after the workout. Exercising at higher altitude means working in an environment with reduced atmospheric pressure. The oxygen tension of the inspired air is, therefore, decreased. Meaning, as you workout at a high altitude, you will need more oxygen, as a result, you are benefitted with a much more intense workout and will burn oodles of calories as you take more oxygen inside. So working out on the tenth floor is so much more beneficial than working out on the first floor.
- Sleeping naked – Well, this may not be all that possible, if your privacy is at stake. But it is one of the best ways to have a really good night of sleep and burn calories. The thing is, you need to be warm while sleeping and when you strip that extra layer of cloth off, your body will have to work a little harder at keeping your body warm, hence it burns more calories. In addition to that, sleeping naked also helps the air to flow more freely along your private parts and hence, helps in preventing fungal infections. Sleeping naked is sexier too, especially if you live with your partner, boosts the love hormone you know!
- Taking a cold shower – Yup! A cold shower can not only be refreshing during the scorching heat but can also burn a lot of calories. The science is simple, pretty much the same as in the case of sleeping naked. As the temperature lowers, you body will keep fighting to keep itself warm, and hence burn more calories during the process. Simple, isn’t?
- Drink something hot after eating a meal, especially a heavy one – And by something hot, I certainly don’t mean a cup of hot chocolate or cappuccino. What we need here is a cup of hot green tea (normal one would do too) or mint tea or even just a glass of hot water. This helps in flushing down those extra chunks of fat that remains along the food passage after the consumption of food and helps more with the digestion.
So there you have it, 5 simple tips to boost your journey to a healthier and fitter self. Let us know what you think about them in the comments below.