5 Spring and Summer perfumes for Women
Who doesn’t like to smell good eh? The way I look at it, perfumes are something so intimate, because it represents the person who’s wearing it. It’s an integral part of grooming oneself, the way s/he smells. Everyone has their own scent, a scent that speaks of the hidden secrets and stories, the past and present, the essence of the one wearing it.
For centuries humans have been using perfumes, from myrrh to oud, frankincense to the oriental spices, from the essences of flowers to even parts of animals. It’s an unavoidable part of oneself. And therefore, it is also the perfect gift for someone special, or it can be a special treat. Or better yet, for some perfume fanatics like me, a collection to be proud of, a hobby that pleases the olfactory senses, a treasure to pass to the next generation, so that they feel, what history smelt like.
Summer has already started, and here is a list of five fragrances for her, to capture your senses.
- Coco Mademoiselle Chanel
- Main Accords: Citrus, Patchouli, White floral, Sweet, Rose, Balsamic
- Top notes: Orange, Orange blossom, Mandarin orange, Bergamot
- Middle notes: Mimosa, Jasmine, Turkish rose, Ylang-ylang
- Base notes: Musk, iris, Virginia cedar, Amber
Coco Mademoiselle is one of the most loved scents. It has been a hit ever since its launch in 2001. It’s a classy-yet fruity-yet daring-yet sensual kind of perfume. You can never go wrong with this gem!
- Chance Eau Tendre Chanel
- Main Accords : Floral, Fruity, Citrus, Sweet, Fresh spicy, White floral
- Top notes: Grapefruit, Quince
- Middle notes: Jasmine, Hyacinth
- Base notes: Musk, Iris, Virginia cedar, Amber
This popular fragrance was launched in 2010, announced as a floral-fruity version of Chance EDP. It’s a very refreshing smell, nothing on your face. It’s a simple and light fragrance. If you are someone with a sensitive nose, then this is for ya!
- Chloe Eau de Parfum Chloe
- Main accords : Floral, Rose, Fresh, Fruity, Tropical
- Top notes : Peony, Freesia, Litchi
- Middle notes : Rose, Lily-of-the-Valley, Magnesia
- Base notes : Amber, Virginia cedar
It’s an elegant yet daring scent, something rather non-traditional but very feminine all the same. If you are someone who likes floral scents a lot, a it would be a sure hit with you!
- Lotus Blossom and Water Lily, Jo Malone London
- Main Accords: Citrus, Floral, Aquatic, Woody, White floral, Balsamic
- Top notes: Mandarin orange, Grapefruit, Bergamot
- Middle notes: Honeysuckle, Freesia, Jasmine, Waterlily, Lotus
- Base notes: Sandalwood, Amber, Musk, Guaiac wood, incense
This scent was launched in 2008 and it belongs to the Kohdo Wood Collection. It’s a subtle yet refreshing woody-floral scent. The citruses and water flowers stand out, emanating a very pleasant and beautiful scent.
- Bombshell Victoria’ Secret
- Main Accords: Fruity, Sweet, Fresh, Citrus, Floral
- Top notes: Tangerine, Grapefruit, Pineapple, Big strawberry, Passionfruit
- Middle notes: Jasmine, Red berries, Lily-of-the-Valley, Peony, Vanilla orchid
- Base notes: Musk, Woody notes, Oak-moss
It was launched in 2010. It’s a pretty sexy fragrance, not sickly-sweet, but strong and feminine. It’s a fruity, aromatic and floral fragrance that speaks of a daring and fun-loving woman.
Each perfume smells differently on each person as each person has a unique body chemistry. So it is important to select the notes according to your body chemistry while picking perfumes.
These are some of our favorites. What are yours??